Friday, April 27, 2007

Cheaper "Duty Free" items?

When we thought duty free items are always cheaper, you are only half right! There are cheaper duty free prices, you just need to look harder :-P

Whenever I travel, my travel agent always asked me to get them a carton of ciggy. Till recently, I noticed there were differences in price if you shop in the plane. For 2007 (price may change), in the duty free shop at KLIA will cost you RM48 for each carton. Meanwhile the price at the Malaysian Airlines catalog is RM45!

Isn't this great? All you need to do is sit there, pass the card, and get your goods. On top of that you gain mileage points. This is what I call a truly wheelchair bound kiasu-shopper! I wonder if they will come up with a personal toilet in the future.

So make an effort to study the airlines catalog, or take them with you! It's your copy anyway. Then walk to the duty free shop and mark down the shop's prices in the catalog! You may find a few surprises :-P

No comments: