Saturday, March 3, 2007

Clean Budget motel in China

I discovered this chain when I was looking for motels for my aunt. It's call Super 8 motel or "SU BA" in putonghua and it's expanding throughout China today. It is an American chain and the focus is cheap and clean rooms.

Personally, I stayed once in Shanghai. I was amazed with the location of the hotel. Most of them time it is centrally placed near the sightseeing areas or very near to a subway! The hotel is a bit small but if you are on a shoe-string budget, no complaints! If you want slightly comfortable room, book a business executive room - above 50RMB more usually. I had even tried to tip the housekeeper and they refused to accept! How can you beat that?? You can save more! Kiasu rules!

You can book through the internet http://www.super8.com.cn/en/index_en.asp , or you can give them a call directly. I realised during off peak, you can use this trick. Call them directly, tell them you are checking prices and comparing with other motels! Guess what, 80% of the time, they will tell you they will give you more discount and cheaper than internet rates!

4 comments:

Bahija said...

I want to fly to Harbin - the kiasu way - u have any tips ????

may be AA fr KL to Tianjin, then Tianjin to Harbin kuah

Kiasu-Ching said...

Kiasu Bahija! There is cheap internal flight you can book ahead of time. It is cheaper if you book in advance. The site is http://english.ctrip.com/index.asp

I noticed there are more flights from Beijing to Harbin. Best time to visit Harbin is year end for the Ice Carving Competition!

cath said...

i stayed in Super8 Dongxi in Beijing last mth. the hotel is very rundown & bathroom is dirty, dun really recommend to anyone la...

Anonymous said...

This kiasu CAT so active nya!