Monday, March 12, 2007

Hire a car from 5 star hotel at cheaper rate but Shhhhhhhh

I learned this trick accidentally when I was in India for a holiday. I was new to New Delhi at that time and wanted to hire a hotel car to go around the city. I had checked the car rates around the town and most of the tour agency quoted the similar price as the hotel. So to save all the hassle and time I decided to rent one. I went up to a concierge and started asking for the rental rates. I purposely said it's expensive trying to negotiate with the concierge. What surprised me, the concierge told me he has friends who work as a driver for special prices. And the price is half of all the prices I was quoted before! So so so never underestimate what can a concierge do "outside" of the hotel :-)

All you need to do is smile to them nicely, ask for ideas and probably tip them a little and you get a great bargain! But do it quietly ..shhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments: