Monday, June 18, 2007

If you don't use your Airticket, claim your Airport TAX Back!

Recently, in a local newspaper the Transport Ministry revealed those passengers who did not fly on the scheduled date, the tax will not be absorbed by the Airport authority! Now where has the money gone to? Early this year I had booked a flight to Hanoi and I didn't use it. Without knowing our rights, I assume the tax was penalised as well.

Apparently, Air Asia (or probably other flights) did not inform the public that the money can be refunded! Wah Liaw, diam diam ubi! To think about it I had at least 2 trips I canceled without using the ticket. By right I can claim all of them back. A friend of mine had done it and get his airport tax back.

So if you are not aware of this, please ring Air Asia, give them your booking no. and asked them how can you claim back! You think we print money ah! Don't let them telan bulat bulat (swallowed all the $$)!

3 comments:

Bahija said...

orang tak ada diam-diam lah :P , u tak baca the fine prints nia...BTW , it's not that easy to claim the taxes ..got to wait after the departure date, then need to go LCCT or AirAsia counter personally to ask for sales tax refund :) have fun !!

Anonymous said...

Well, I didnt make it for a KL/Miri return trip and after the dates, I called them up. Takes a while before you can get them butonce you do, its pretty easy and quick. The amount? RM6 each way!

Bahija said...

Hi Hi , my friends who missed KL/Phuket trips, called AirAsia , and they are getting their tax refunds , about RM 180 la ...cool ..so it's easy, just call AirAsia nia ...heeee

BTW, when r u goin next trip ???