Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Stop the Grunting cabbies in Beijing!

The last time I reached Beijing airport I told the cab driver to the hotel I want to go. Before I stepped into the car, a guy with a writting pad will approach us writting down the taxi car plate and the destination.

During the ride, the cabbie kept cursing me like mad! He told me he had queued for 3 hours and my destination to Hilton, or Sheraton (Chaoyang area, 23km) is very close and he was very unhappy! He told me they can't make a living with 3 hours wait and earn peanuts for the day. The usual grunts!

I felt so pissed off on that day and vow to find out what was wrong with the system. Later a colleague in Beijing told me she had experienced the same issue, however, there was a trick to it. The next time when you are going to Chaoyang area, you can tell the officer who write down the car plate to LIDO HOTEL (very close to airport, below 20KM). However, in the car tell the cabbie exactly the actual destination. By doing this, the cabbie can come back to the airport without queing again!

Anyway, as a consumer of course we think it's our right that the cab driver who queued up take us to where we like to go. However, on the other hand, if they had waited for 3 hours (you will noticed a long queue outside) for a 50RMB, it is indeed very tough business.

4 comments:

Fong Yee said...

This is NOT a kiasu tips at all! It's not a benefit to us! What is this blog? Degenerating to doing charity???!

Fong Yee said...

btw, I was being sarcastic... :P

Kiasu-Ching said...

Eh being kiasu also kiasi you know. If you counter attack the cabbie hor you may end up in a rural area ..and then zap, no trace of your DNA!

Ah corporate with them a bit lah nothing to lose what, and can have peace during the ride!

Eh the chinese cursing very terror one ok! You haven't tasted yet.

Anonymous said...

eh mr kiasu..mebe u should record the cabbie's cursing and let us all hear it here if possible..then we will know how terrible or nice it is to our ears...hehe..good idea fong yee?