Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sniff for Free WI-FI access in HKG Airport (Updated)

You know what, most of the airports in Asia these days provide Wi-FI access. The KLIA airport allows any users with wireless capabilities to utilise the services for FREE! Thank you KLIA! However, in Singapore (SGP), Thailand and Hong Kong (HKG) it will involves a fee unless you have access to the business lounges. I have yet to discover any free ones in SGP and Thailand yet.

Well well well, being kiasu, I like to boot up my notebook and walk around the airport trying to sensor any hotspot and of course it has to be FREE lah! Sniff Sniff Sniff and Ta Dah I found this!!

While you are in HKG airport, to all my kiasu-men, you can go to GATE 40, when you look up it is actually the Thai Airways Lounge above. So far this is the strongest WI-FI access point without any password required!

So when you have a spare time in HKG airport, forget about shopping because you have to use your $$$, but you can definitely SURF! (for FREEEEEEE!!!!)

Updated : May 6, 2007 - Good news, PCCW has finally provide FREE connection at HKG Airport. Search for FREE WIFI access!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel embarrassed as an Asian after reading your blog

Anonymous said...

DOKTOR LOVE! YOU ARE BACK.. I saw on your Doktor Cinta website that the name of the poster has changed to Kiasu-Ching (What a creative name! so nice and Singapore like me.. hehehehe) so I clicked on your profile and found eh how come got new blog? Then I saw in the Kiasu-Ching blog that you ask people to email hzlu@hotmail.com for any kiasu experiences does that mean you are HZLU, Doktor Love??? NICE!!!

MGS

Kiasu-Ching said...

Ringgit .. if embarassed come spill all your dirts lah ..don't just pretend to be clean and neat. Choi!

Bahija said...

WOW - good tip .... I'll remember well , gate 61. I paid HKD25 to be online leh .....and i was at CX lounge - alamak - I also tak faham why tak provide free wi-fi ni ....

alamak, Kiasu-Ching also Dr Love ??? aiyuh .....