Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Hotel Reservations, Go Online or Offline

Actually this happened to me few years ago. I wanted a room at a cheaper rate and found a room with Hyatt group on the net. The online special was even cheaper than my corporate's rate. Being kiasu, of course go book on Online lah!

Few days later, my trip got canceled and I need to cancel my online booking as well. Little that I know a fee of USD 50 was charged to my credit card. I found out there were many fine prints written on it. It does not matter whether you give ample time (even if you cancel 1 year ahead) for cancelation on ONLINE, you will be subjeted to a USD 50 fine. I rang the customer service up and complaint but rules are rules!

However, if you book through phone or OFFLINE, this condition will not apply to you. According to the Hyatt group, the special online rate is special hence that's the condition you have to be bound with.

So to all my dear kiasus. Whenever, you see ONLINE or INTERNET SPECIAL hor, please read the FINE PRINT! Sometimes it does not make any business sense to the customer but they want your money for sure :-P

No comments: